The 2016 cruise MOOSE- Grande Echelle has been conducted on May-June 2016 on the Reseach Vessel Atalante.
1) Maintenance of offshore MOORING (LION, LIONCEAU, DYFAMED, PLANIER, LACAZE-DUTHIERS)
2) Hydrological casts with seawater sampling for oxygen, dissolved inorganic carbon, nutrients, pigments
Map of stations
Work conducted :
- Maintenance of five moorings: LION, DYFAMED, LIONCEAU, LACAZE DUTHIERS and PLANIER. This maintenance involves TSO2 and current data recovery, collecting of particulate traps samples, repackaging of sensors (changing batteries and cleaning) and change of defective parts and sometimes anchor line.
- The CTD profiles (CTDO2, L-ADCP, UVP). This type of operation is used to measure parameters of T, S, O2, fluorescence, particle size abundance, zooplankton species image acquisition and measurement of current profiles. These profiles are from surface to bottom.
- Collecting of sea water samples (surface to bottom) gathered during the whipping loads of CTD (21 Niskin bottles) to measure relevant biogeochemical and biological parameters (dissolved oxygen, alkalinity and dissolved inorganic carbon , nutrients and chlorophyll pigments)
- Zooplankton net hauls in daylight